This recipe is delicious and healthy.
So, why wouldn’t you try it?? It’s easy too, so skip that excuse as well.
Wild Caught Salmon is full of Omega-3s, which help reduce inflammation (the basis of every disease and illness), promotes brain function, and assists cell production.
Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa Recipe
Adapted from: Alison Needham
1 1/2 pound salmon filet with skin on
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 avocado, sliced
feta cheese, optional
1 mango, skinned and cut into small dice
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
handful chopped cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1/2 juice lime
- Pat the salmon dry. Combine the chili powder, sugar, salt and cumin in a small bowl and sprinkle over the surface of the flesh-side of the salmon. Set aside.
- Prepare the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste for seasoning, cover and refrigerate.
- Spray the grill with cooking spray and light a medium-hot flame. To test heat on a charcoal or gas grill, hold your hand about 5 inches over the flame. You should only be able to keep it there for 3-4 seconds.**
- Place salmon skin side down on the grill, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish (cook fish about 10 minutes per inch of thickness). Flip salmon over, peel off the skin and cook for 3 minutes more, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from heat and place it pink flesh up on a plate. (The underside of the skin will be an unattractive gray color).
- Place the corn tortillas on the grill for a few seconds a side to warm up. Flake fish and divide evenly between the tortillas. Top with mango salsa, sliced avocado, and feta cheese. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
**You can also prepare the Salmon in a pan on the stove. Cook as stated above over Medium Heat with olive oil in pan.